Bridging Positions in Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
The University of Michigan Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology (https://lsa.umich.edu/eeb) invites applicants for two bridging postdoctoral programs: the Literature, Science, and the Arts Collegiate Fellows Program (LCFP) and the UM Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship Program (PPFP). Faculty members in EEB have successful records of providing a nurturing and productive postdoctoral experience through these programs. We are especially interested in future colleagues who engage in research in the fields of 1.) plant biodiversity or 2.) population and evolutionary genetics (with an emphasis on theoretical approaches).
The University of Michigan Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology views these postdoctoral fellowships as providing an exceptional opportunity to recruit potential new faculty to the University by offering the possibility of either a postdoc alone or a combined postdoc and tenure track faculty appointment.
N.B. Applications for the LCFP and PPFP open September 1. In addition to the materials required by both programs, applicants should submit their materials directly to EEB by October 1.
• Ph.D. in a relevant field
• Demonstrated potential for high scholarly impact
• Evidence of successful classroom teaching experience (as a student or professional)
• A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Candidates with tenure track appointments are not favored in the selection process unless there
is a clear explanation of how an award to the candidate would further the goals of the LCFP or PPFP
How to Apply:
- Send materials to the LCFP (https://lsa.umich.edu/ncid/fellowshipsawards/lsacollegiate postdoctoralfellowship.html) and/or PPFP http://presidentspostdoc.umich.edu/#) via their respective online applications, and
Send materials electronically to EEB by emailing Molly Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org.